The athlete membership with NEF is the most beneficial entry to become a part of the community that will grant a sporting license to One (1) Athlete to pursue esports professionally across multiple esports titles.
- For membership the athlete must above the age of 16 years of age as on January 1 st 2019.
- Must be an Indian National regardless of country of residence.
- All members shall be issued with Sporting Licenses giving them the status of a registered athlete with scannable identity cards that shall be valid for the period of one year.
- All Members shall have a dedicated page on the federation portal that shall list their achievements, their sponsorship availability, results of their past tournament participations etc.
- Be a part of the Indian Esports Contingent at the Asian Games 2022 – to be held at Hangzhou, China, where Esports are to be a medal sport for the first time – as well as other international tournaments.
- Right to register for all events under the NEF umbrella with no entry fee – based on Sporting License and discounted rates for events in collaboration with NEF, for the period of their valid membership across all esports titles.
- Members shall be eligible to avail all discounts and deals offered exclusively by the partners to NEF upon successful verification of the Sporting License.
- Athlete Ranking within the federation to be maintained to classify seed positions under various esports titles, the list of which shall be uploaded to the ranking page of the federation.
- Collaborative community access to pro and amateur athletes for mentorship and counselling.
- Priority and special privileges for members at events, training and seminars hosted by NEF.
- Annual fee for membership shall be INR 500 per athlete valid for a period of one year. This fee structure is valid only till February 28 th 2019.
- Post February 28 th 2019, the annual membership fee per athlete will be chargeable at INR 1,500. Student applicants with a valid Student ID Card will have an option to pay the fee in three quarterly instalments keeping in mind that some of the applicants may have their financial constraints.